Social Icons

Sunday, June 13, 2010

First thoughts and then some...

 Helloooooo!

So, this update is going to be brief and shallow... sorry guys! I arrived here at camp Friday night, bought some yum-licious tacos and then slept.... a lot. Saturday is our free day, so after a quick and painless orientation I had the whole day to do whatever! I played my guitar for a while, but I'm losing my voice so I kind of sounded like the love child of Bob Dylan and a dying water buffalo... oh well. I'm posting a video up of the camp where I'm staying so you will all have a visual to go with what I describe in later posts. Honestly, I don't have a whole lot more I can report at this point other than I LOVE my peeps here. Seriously. I have so many friends now! Gosh dang it, I feel popular. I will be working this week with a team on a construction project--so I'll really get down to business starting Monday. I cannot wait. I was studying Joshua this morning (yes, in an attempt to recover my voice I slept in and missed church...) to take in how he managed to follow someone like Moses. I feel like I've got a big task in front of me and I need to be prepared! At any rate... I promise to talk more about deeper issues later on, but I just wanted to make sure you guys don't feel neglected.

One brief comment about my peeps! I have to give you all a quick rundown of some of my friends whose names you'll need to know for later posts...

Emily: I met her on Friday, but we had been e-mailing prior to summer. She's super goofy and amazing and I'm so happy she's here. I feel like she'll get my humor. She totally reminds me of my brother David. And anyone who knows me knows that's a BIG complement. :)

Thomas: He's another intern here, and he's from OREGON! How exciting is that? He's really tall... and I like to make fun of him because I always catch him in the same spot, playing his computer. I need to get to know him more, but as I've been a sleeping bum lately, it's been kind of hard. hah! I feel like he has a witty sense of humor... I shall investigate this and report back to you.

Sandy: She's kind of like an intern/staff hybrid and super cool. She claims not to speak English but I've heard her and she sounds really good. hah! I can't wait to get to know her more because she seems very nice and has really great hair. This is a plus. Also, she's got this like quiet, mysterious cool girl vibe. I sound like a stalker right now. I'm going to switch subjects...

Anahi: Sandy's sister! Super quiet.. I haven't really gotten to talk to her yet. She loves to laugh, though... and I think that means she's cool

Good grief I could go on and on but I need to go right now... So we'll call this list incomplete but soon to be lengthened after further study!!!



"another fine bit of writing brought to you by yours truly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

contact info

you can e-mail me at alyssa@reborn.com