Social Icons

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Photo Blog {attempt number one...}

In the midst of our ever-savvy and technologically prideful generation, I took it upon myself to try to put pictures on my blog page. And let me tell you, that was a NO-GO. So I've got a link on this blog that will take you to a photo album on my Facebook page. There's just no way to really convey what a "breakfast feeding program" is until you see it. The basic info you need to know: Haidet (my roommate) and I go every Wednesday and Friday to support a local feeding program that serves anywhere from forty to one hundred children on their way to school. Many of these children would have to go to school on an empty stomach if it weren't for the Herculean effort put forth by the women working in the program. The snapshots you see only capture part of the essence of what they do. Before the kids get food, they have a time of worship and a devotional (soon to be led by Haidet and I on our days there). Obviously, there are children that take advantage of the program and use it just for the food. Of course they would--Haidet and I made some bomb pancakes. But the fact is, if just one of these kids decides to give their heart to Christ then the entire program is worth its hardships. Without question.

So, enjoy the pictures already!
CLICK FOR PICTURES!



"another fine bit of writing brought to you by yours truly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

contact info

you can e-mail me at alyssa@reborn.com